Business executive with technology background who brings a demonstrated track record of improving revenue and competitive standing through solving complex projects, introducing new products, reducing cycle times and driving out waste. Passionate about delivering solutions that are eagerly adopted by clients. Founder of 2 cash-flow funded startups. MBA, MS Computer Science & Engineering
- Held executive and senior leadership positions in mid-sized companies including start-ups
- Built-out organizations with responsibility for P&L and operational processes
- Experienced in product and technology roadmap development and on-time project delivery
- Established strategies for company leaders to enhance their industry thought leadership
- Specified and developed proprietary CRM encompassing the competing needs of the enterprise, then led multi-step training and implementation process resulting in effective adoption by all team members
- Created innovative processes to obtain client feedback and value of delivered services
- Conducted market analyses to understand drivers and perceived value of business services
- Analyzed operations for KPIs and critical value processes and then developed management reporting system
- Systematically practiced mentoring to change culture and increase team productivity, improvements, and retention
- Provided systems-oriented perspective to leadership teams allowing for the development of more reliable plans connected to company vision
- Shortened cycle times, time-to-market and established predictable release schedules
- Increased cooperation between departments by improving relationships and streamlining systems
- Built sophisticated technology-based products and services by partnering closely with diverse stakeholders
- Initiated departmental organizational improvements while maintaining responsibility for daily operations
- Led initiatives with members from geographically distributed teams
- Assimilated quickly into organizations by adopting values, grasping critical issues and building peer relationships
- Led initiatives in Microsoft .NET, Java, SQL Server, Oracle
- Implemented VoIP solution with call center technology into CRM
- Adapted lightweight, structured life cycle methodologies appropriate to the priorities and culture of the organization
- Peer reviewer of Growing Software: Proven Strategies for Managing Software Engineers
VP Systems & TechnologyBuilding Champions2003-current
Leadership team executive of a large executive coaching company responsible for developing applications to enable internal clients, launching new technology products for external clients, spurring inter-department process efficiencies, leading the IT organization, and speaking into the direction of the overall business strategy.
Director of EngineeringSalu2000-2002
Developed lightweight processes and advanced organizational development for e-health marketing company resulting in predictable bi-weekly release cycles with extremely low latent defects. Launched new mobile prescription writing product.
Director of Product ManagementCorillian1999-2000
Built-out organization, instituted multi-department processes for product launch, initiated first product launches under formal product management organization.
Product ManagerDynamics Research1996-1998
Negotiated, acquired, and assimilated technology from Pacific Bell into the first product line offering of the newly formed Commercial Systems Group. Led engineering management of initial release, then led business development efforts.
CEO & FounderDoxsis Systems & Lightspeed Distribution1979-1995
Established and funded through cash flow turnkey semi-customized business solutions house and mail-order distribution of personal computer components and software. Built-out organization establishing revenue centers in packaged sales, professional services, and hardware maintenance.